If you’re going through a divorce, here are 10 things not to do on social media.
1) Do NOT talk about the divorce.
2) Do NOT post any identifying information about your children (i.e., names, birthdays, etc.), if you have any together.
3) Do NOT respond to their comments or posts on social media regarding the divorce.
4) Do NOT start fights, especially online fights, with your spouse.
5) Do NOT post anything that you think might become a part of the divorce proceedings.
6) Do NOT ask the public and/or your friends to contact the court regarding the matter.
7) Do NOT try to hack into your spouse’s social media accounts to “dig up dirt.”
8) Do NOT go outside the bounds of any court order or agreement that has been entered by the Court regarding social media use or correspondence.
9) Do NOT post any indecent photographs or videos of your spouse without their consent.
10) Do NOT post about your confidential communications with your attorney(s)
Need help? Our award-winning family law attorneys are here. Request a free consultation.